Nothing can stop you from having a healthy body!
In the hustle-bustle of your life, whether you’re working or studying, findinṣg time for yourself is a little bit difficult. However, finding just 10 minutes from your busy schedule can be beneficial for your body, especially for people with strenuous work. But this 10-minute full-body home workout can help you stay physically fit.
You don’t need any equipment, it can be done in the confinement of your home. It will be more fun if done with a partner. So, check this out!
Benefits of 10-minute full-body home workout
- Improves Heart rate
- Strengthen your body muscles
- Lose weight
- Increases body endurance
- Makes your core stronger
- Better Sleep at night
- Releases stress
- And, Protect your joints
1.) As Beginners, you could focus on these light exercises.
This set is totally for beginners, all you need is just the right amount of motivation and music. Because why not music makes everything more fun.
- 10 Body-weight Squats
- 5 Pushups
- 15-20 sec Plank
- 30 Jumping jacks
- 10-walking lunges (each leg)
1. 10 Body-weight Squats
Starting the routine with some light exercise is a good start. Begin with standing straight, both feet shoulder apart. Bend at both hips and knees, ensuring that knees remain in line with toes. Continue bending and maintain a chair position. Then arise and repeat the cycle 10-times.
Do at least 2-3 sets in the whole process.
2. 5 Pushups
Then go for the upper body. Here pushups would do the trick. 5-pushups in 1-cycle and at least 2- set daily would burn your calories and regain upper body strength.
3. 30 Jumping jacks
Jumping Jack is a cardio exercise that is quite simple to do. Stand with your feet apart and your hands in an upper clapping position. Start jumping and continue this for at least 30 jumps. It will benefit weight loss and reduce blood pressure.
4. 10 Walking Lunges (each leg)
That would feel like mountain climbing. Stand tall ahead of an extended and clear area. Your feet ought to be hip-width apart, your chest up, and your core and glutes engaged. Take a giant step forwards together with your left foot, lowering till each of your knees are bent at 90°, and your front thigh is parallel to the ground. This exercise is beneficial for getting tighter, toned, and stronger leg muscles.
Bonus!! PLANK – do it as long as you could hold
- For beginners, it can be hard holding a plank for more than 20 seconds and at most 1 minute. But as time proceeds, it becomes easy to hold planks for lengthier periods. The plank strengthens your glutes, spine, shoulders, triceps, and core.
- This full-body home workout for beginners will help you attain a healthier body within a span of 10-minutes if done regularly.
A 45-seconds break is essential in intervals. Do not strain yourself with so many workouts. Taking a short break in intervals will regain your breath and strength.
2.) Kick-Jump to some Intense Workout (without equipment)
These sweaty exercises will help remain in shape and are quick to do.
Start with a light warm-up and then increase your pace significantly. These exercises include :-
- Suicide jumps
- Touchdown Lunges
- Side-plank hold
- Jump Squats
1. Suicide Jumps
It is a major muscle group exercise that includes the core, arms, and legs. The Suicide jump workout is an exploding movement, which makes your heart pump rapidly and builds muscles at the same time because so many body muscles are moving. Completing this full-body workout 30-times will increase your oxygen capacity, enhances your sense of balance, and strengthens the heart.
Burpees are an intense full-body workout that needs no equipment. If you want to lose some weight and regain some strength start doing burpees.
For basic burpees, lower your body in a squatting position and place your hands on the floor. Stretch legs in the plank position. Then kick or jump back again in a squatting posture. Then jump and return to the standing position.
Performing this 15-20 times will regain strength, muscle, boost your body weight-loss, and general fitness.
3. Touchdown Lunges
This exercise targets strengthening, sculpting, and toning the bodies. It also targets overall fitness and athletic performance. Touchdown lunges are famous for mounting legs, hips, and backs, while also enhancing stability and mobility. Performing this exercise at least 50 times every day would also improve abdominal strength.
4. Side Plank Hold
Side Plank hold is a full-body pose that might seem easy, but it engages your whole body in a single workout. There are several variations of side plank, like
- Side Plank
- Elevated Side Plank
- Side Plank With Leg Lift
- Side Plank Knee to Elbow Crunch
- Side Plank Rotations.
Side plank decreases chronic back issues by making your core stronger. In addition to that, it also improves concentration, strengthens arms and wrists, improves muscles, strengthens obliques, and legs from hip to heel.
5. Jump Squats
If you are looking for some calorie burning exercise, then jump squats are a good option. It also engages your whole body in a single explosive workout. In order to increase your body strength, 2-3 sets of about 30 reps are recommended. But you could always increase or reduce the pace as you like. Jump squats improve lower and upper body strength and also increases the endurance and power of your body. This workout straightly targets your legs, hips, quads, and glutes, while increasing the heart rate. If you want to do this exercise it is necessary to have strong ankles, hips, and a healthy set of knees.
- Take a short break of 45 seconds in between the sets.
- Set your own pace.
- Practice every day.
- The intensity of the workout should not exceed your limits.
3.) A 10 Minute Explosive Power Exercise
(If you have some extra time try these exercise with some equipment)
These exercises can be done while watching tv or during a phone call. Start lifting dumbbells while watching a movie, this free time can also be utilized by doing some workout.
Extracting 10 minutes to do a complete home body workout is effective for people who are into gym but could not find hours to give.
you could use dumbbells, barbells, or any weight you have at home.
This Explosive process includes:
- Deep Push Ups (with a dumbbell in one arm)
- Dumbbell Lunges
- Barbell Bicep Curl
- Hip Lift and Extend
- Renegade Rows
1. Deep Push Ups (with a dumbbell in one arm)
Start off getting yourself into a pushup position with your hands holding onto dumbbells on the floor in front of you.
- Lay down on the ground, keep arms at shoulder dimension distance, and legs extended behind you with toes on the ground.
- Slowly lower your body down towards the ground as way as possible, in order that you are feeling a deep stretch or arc in your chest, then hold for a few seconds.
- Come to the beginning position.
- Repeat for thirty sets reps and three sets, or the maximum amount as desired.
- This exercise promotes Muscle growth, stabilizes triceps, and shoulders. They also increase strength and power, which further helps in other heavy workouts.
2. Dumbbell Lunges
Lunges require good balance, combining weight to them is extremely tricky. It is better to start with some light lunges if you have a problem with keeping balance. Learning how to hold good posture is a good start and then add some weights to it. Lunges with dumbbells work on the upper leg muscles and hip muscles. It improves body posture and body balance. They also build calf muscles and also work on your abs.
3. Barbell Biceps Curls
To perform this exercise, stand straight with shoulders pulled back and chest up. Your hands should be wider than hips width to have a strong grip. Then start squeezing the bar to activate all the muscles in the upper arm and forearm.
Then start curling the bar, keeping elbows slightly in front at all times. Curl until you feel a contraction in your biceps, and keep flexing your biceps the entire process. Then slowly lower down the barbells.
This workout benefits in increasing upper-body mass, makes your grip stronger and is also done to restore elbow and bicep injuries.
4. Hip Lift and Extend
Place a dumbbell between your feet. Keeping your legs together, lower your legs as far as possible toward the ground. Keeping your upper body and hips in contact with the bench and your legs together, raise the dumbbell as far as your legs can comfortably move. All the movement should come from your hips.
Two sets of ten to twelve repetitions will strengthen your abs as well as your abdominal muscles. It is also recommended for athletes as they perform well in hips, glutes, and hamstring.
5. Jump Squats
This is very easy to perform. If you know how to do basic squats, then to complete a jump squat, you need to jump while regaining the starting or standing position. Repeat this exercise 30 times and complete at least two sets.
Because the variation puts pressure on joints, it’s important to have healthy knees, hips, and ankles if you want to try this move. The jump squat targets the hips, and hamstrings, glutes, quads, while also increasing your heart rate.
Things to ponder while doing an intense workout:
1. It is important to warm up your body before and after the workout.
2. Simply start your workout with some aerobic exercises like arm swings, leg kicks, and walking lunges.
3. It can also help improve your flexibility and reduce soreness after your workout.
Do Not Overwork yourself
1. If you tell yourself to stop, then stop.
2. Overworking will cause soreness and body discomfort.
3. It is always better to stop and rest before continuing to avoid complications.
1. Intense exercise results in lots of sweating. So it is important to restore that by intaking liquid throughout the day.
2. Less intake of fluids can cause fatigue.
3. Replenishing your body with water will help you get ready for the next task while maintaining optimum performance.
Make it a Habit
1. The point of a 10 minutes workout is to not interrupt your daily workout routine.
2. If you are a beginner, try to do it on a daily basis with your set pace, whether in the morning or evening.
BONUS!! Healthy diet for daily workout routines.
While maintaining a daily routine of a healthy workout, it is also important to focus on what you eat. Knowing what and when to eat could result in an epic workout.
1. Eat a healthy breakfast. Include fruits, yogurt, low-fat milk, peanut butter, and vegetables in your diet.
2. Eat 3 to 4 large meals before exercise hour and small meals after exercise.
3. Drink water and other light fluids throughout the day. Hydrating your body is necessary.
4. Snack throughout the day that contains carbohydrates and proteins, such as almonds, fruits, smoothies, yogurt, and boiled vegetables.
If you want to maintain a healthy body, then start taking challenges. Let experience be your guide. taking 10 minutes from our day is something we all can do. And utilizing this period for a short full body workout session at home is an intelligent way of time management.
So next time. When you’re watching, watch it while doing planks or lifting dumbbells. Attending a long phone call? start performing lunges.
And that is how your 10 minutes full-body home workout schedule is planned. So get up and start exercising!