You may not find enough time to exercise or stay fit, but remember, Nothing can stop you from having a healthy body!
Whether you’re working or studying, finding time for yourself is a little bit difficult in the hustle-bustle of your life. However, finding just 10 minutes from your busy schedule can be beneficial for your body with this 10-minute full-body home workout.
During my career in fitness spanning more than 5 years, I have always found people complaining of not finding enough time to workout.
So, here is a quick 10 minutes workout plan from home, which will help you to boost immunity and keep you fit & healthy.
The exercises that I have covered in this article are
- Jumping jacks
- Walking lunges
- Touchdown lunges
- Side plank hold
- Jump squats
- Deep push-ups
- Dumbbell lunges
- Barbell bicep curls
- Hip thrusts with dumbbells
Along with this detailed list of home workouts I have also shared some tips and tricks. Read further to know about them!
These exercises require basic equipment like weights. Apart from it, these can be done easily from the confinement of your home.
According to The Good Body, people who are physically active for seven hours a week have 40% fewer chances of dying early as compared to people who stay active for less than 30 minutes.
With this being our motivation, let’s start exercising from home following this home workout plan!
Benefits Of 10-Minute Full-body Home Workout
Even 10 minutes of exercise can raise your heart health and maintain fitness levels. These are some benefits of exercising worth checking out.
- Improves Heart rate
- Strengthen your body muscles
- Lose weight
- Increases body endurance
- Makes your core stronger
- Better Sleep at night
- Releases stress
- Protect your joints
Light Exercises For Beginners
Light exercises refer to when you are working out less than 50% of your heart rate.
A study published in the BMJ involving 36000 people showed that light exercises could lower the risk of death.
This set is totally for beginners, all you need is just the right amount of motivation and music, just to add that extra touch to your exercising from home 😉
1. 10 Squats
Squats work your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings among other muscles. It also works as a weight-gaining exercise.
How to do squats?
Begin with standing straight, both feet shoulder apart. Bend at both hips and knees, ensuring that knees remain in line with toes. Continue bending and maintain a chair position. Then arise and repeat the cycle 10-times.
Do at least 2-3 sets in the whole process.
Pro-tip: While squatting, try to look ahead and keep your spine neutral.
2. 5 Pushups
Then go for the upper body. Here pushups would do the trick. 5 pushups in one set and at least 2 sets daily would burn your calories and regain upper body strength.
How to do push-up
- Get down on all fours, placing your hand wider than your shoulders.
- Your body, arms, and legs should be straight.
- Start lowering your body, trying to touch your chest to the floor.
- Now push yourself up.
- Repeat this further.
Pro-tip: As a beginner, first try doing wall push-ups or knee push-ups.
To get the maximum benefit of this workout plan from home, pay attention to your overall form, hand positioning, and comfort.
3. 30 Jumping jacks
While exercising from home, Jumping jacks as a cardio exercise is quite simple to do.
Stand with your feet apart and your hands in an upper clapping position. Start jumping and continue this for at least 30 jumps.
It will benefit weight loss and reduce blood pressure.
4. 10 Walking Lunges (each leg)
This home workout increases flexibility, functionality while working muscles like the quadriceps, glutes, and hamstrings. This exercise is beneficial for getting tighter, toned, and stronger leg muscles.
How to do walking lunges?
Stand tall ahead of an extended and clear area. Your feet ought to be hip-width apart, your chest up, and your core and glutes engaged. Take a giant step forwards together with your left foot, lowering till each of your knees is bent at 90° and your front thigh is parallel to the ground.
Pro-tip: to do this right keep your torso upright and core engaged. Leaning forward is not a good idea.
5. Plank (do it as long as you could hold)
For beginners, it can be hard holding a plank for more than 20 seconds and at most 1 minute. But as time proceeds, it becomes easy to hold planks for lengthier periods. The plank strengthens your glutes, spine, shoulders, triceps, and core.
This full-body workout plan from home is for beginners. It will help you attain a healthier body within a span of 10-minutes if done regularly.
Your body adapts to a fitness program in six to eight weeks, so it is advisable to change your workout routines every six to eight months.
A study by The University of Florida found that modifying workout plans help you to remain more motivated as well as satisfied.
So, here is an intense home workout that you can try.
Moderate Level Exercises For Beginners (without equipment)
These sweaty exercises will help remain in shape and are quick to do. Intense workouts can burn 25-30% more calories than other forms of exercise.
This workout plan from home increases metabolic rate helps in losing fat and gains muscles among others.
You should start with a light warm-up and then increase your pace significantly. These exercises include:-
Burpees are an intense full-body workout at home that needs no equipment. If you want to lose some weight and regain some strength, start doing burpees.
How to do burpees?
- For basic burpees, lower your body in a squatting position and place your hands on the floor.
- Stretch legs in the plank position.
- Then kick or jump back again in a squatting posture. Then jump and return to the standing position.
Performing this 15-20 times will regain strength, muscle, boost your bodyweight-loss, and general fitness.
Pro-tip: If you find it difficult to do then skip the jump. Don’t go too fast or you may damage your wrists.
2. Touchdown Lunges
This home workout targets strengthening, sculpting, and toning the body. It also targets overall fitness and athletic performance.
Touchdown lunges are famous for mounting legs, hips, and backs and enhancing stability and mobility.
How to do touchdown lunges?
- Stand straight with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Move your leg forward maintaining a 90-degree angle.
- Now try to touch the floor with the knee of the leg which is behind.
- Touch the floor.
- Then push back through your heel and get up. This completes one rep.
Performing this exercise at least 50 times every day would also improve abdominal strength.
3. Side Plank Hold
Side Plank hold is a full-body pose that might seem easy, but it engages your whole body in a single workout.
Side plank decreases chronic back issues by making your core stronger. In addition to that, it also improves concentration, strengthens arms and wrists, improves muscles, strengthens obliques, and legs from hip to heel.
Any workout plan from home is incomplete without a plank.
How to do side planks?
- Lie on your right side. Keep your elbow below your shoulder.
- Now inhale and lift your hips and knees from the floor. Try to maintain a straight position.
- Return to the old position.
- Change sides and repeat.
Tip: Ensure that you balance on the side of your feet and not on the sole.
4. Jump Squats
If you are looking for some calorie-burning exercise, then jump squats are a good option. It also engages your whole body in a single explosive workout.
This workout straightly targets your legs, hips, quads, and glutes, while increasing the heart rate.
Steps to do jump squats
- Take a comfortable stance.
- Lower yourself in a squat position and then jump.
- Land on the ball of the foot.
- Then repeat.
To increase your body strength, 2-3 sets of about 30 reps are recommended.
Advanced Level Exercises
(If you have some extra time try these exercises with some equipment)
These exercises can be done while watching tv or during a phone call. Start lifting dumbbells while watching a movie.
If you are a fitness enthusiast but don’t find enough time to hit the gym, this workout plan from home is for you.
You can use dumbbells, barbells, or any weight you have at home.
It is found that doing just 2 sessions with weights in a week can reduce body fat by 7%. So, what are the weight training exercises that you can try? Check them below!
1. Deep Push Ups
A beneficial part of the workout plan from home, deep push-up promotes Muscle growth, stabilizes triceps, and shoulders.
They also increase strength and power, which further helps in other heavy workouts.
Steps to do deep push-ups
- Start by getting yourself into a push-up position with your hands holding onto the dumbbells on the floor in front of you.
- Lay down on the ground, keeping arms at shoulder distance, and legs extended behind you with toes on the ground.
- Slowly lower your body down towards the ground, so that you feel a deep stretch or arc in your chest, then hold for a few seconds.
- Come to the beginning position.
Repeat for thirty sets reps and three sets, or the maximum amount as desired.
2. Dumbbell Lunges
Lunges with dumbbells work on the upper leg muscles and hip muscles. It improves body posture and body balance. They also build calf muscles and also work on your abs.
How to do dumbbell lunges
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Take a step forward and then bend both your legs from your knees. Make a 90-degree angle with the leg in the front.
- Step back to the starting position.
- Repeat it with the other leg.
Pro-tip: Lunges require good balance, combining weight to them is extremely tricky. It is better to start with some light lunges if you have a problem with keeping balance. Learning how to hold good posture is a good start and then add some weights to it.
3. Barbell Biceps Curls
Barbell curls help develop those big biceps.
This workout benefits in increasing upper-body mass make your grip stronger and is also done to restore elbow and bicep injuries.
How to do barbell bicep curls
To perform this exercise, stand straight with shoulders pulled back and chest up. Your hands should be wider than your hips-width to have a strong grip. Then start squeezing the bar to activate all the muscles in the upper arm and forearm.
Then start curling the bar, keeping elbows slightly in front at all times. Curl until you feel a contraction in your biceps, and keep flexing your biceps the entire process. Then slowly lower down the barbells.
Tip: avoid hunching the shoulders forward and keep flexing your biceps for better impact.
4. Hip thrusts with dumbbells
This exercise is included in our full-body workout plan from home as it helps in the development of gluteal muscles which is equally useful for athletes and elders.
Steps to do the hip left and extend
- Place a dumbbell on your hip bones.
- Sit with your back next to an elevated surface like a bench. Bend your knees and place your feet on the ground.
- Keeping your upper body in contact with the bench, push through your heels to raise your thighs parallel to the ground.
- Try to squeeze your glutes when you reach the top.
Two sets of ten to twelve repetitions will strengthen your abs as well as your abdominal muscles. It is also recommended for athletes as they perform well in hips, glutes, and hamstring.
Tip- try to control the movement for a better impact. Bring your feet closer to the butt to directly affect the glutes.
Things To Consider While Doing An Intense Workout:
Making this workout plan from home more successful are these tips. You should employ them to get the most out of your workout.
- It is important to warm up your body before and after the workout.
- Do neck movements, arm rotations, move your back, rotate your waist.
- It can also help improve your flexibility and reduce soreness after your workout.
Do Not Overwork yourself
- If you tell yourself to stop, then stop.
- Overworking will cause soreness and body discomfort.
- It is always better to stop and rest before continuing to avoid complications.
- Intense exercise results in lots of sweating. So it is important to restore that by intaking liquid throughout the day.
- Less intake of fluids can cause fatigue.
- Replenishing your body with water will help you get ready for the next task while maintaining optimum performance.
Make it a Habit
- The point of this 10 minutes home workout is to not interrupt your daily workout routine.
- If you are a beginner, try to do it daily with your set pace, whether in the morning or evening.
Healthy diet for daily workout routines.
While maintaining a daily routine of a healthy workout, it is also important to focus on what you eat. Knowing what and when to eat could result in an epic workout.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Include fruits, yogurt, low-fat milk, peanut butter, and vegetables in your diet.
- Eat 3 to 4 large meals before exercise and small meals after exercise.
- Drink water and other light fluids throughout the day. Hydrating your body is necessary.
- Snack throughout the day that contains carbohydrates and proteins, such as almonds, fruits, smoothies, yogurt, and boiled vegetables.
Staying fit is a necessity for your body. Studies have shown exercise to improve brain performance and sharpen memory.
This workout plan from home is my way of motivating you to do something for your body.
If you want to maintain a healthy body, then start taking challenges. Let experience be your guide. But if you need some extra edge you can try our fitness app.
Take 10 minutes from your and utilize this period for a short full-body home workout.
So next time, When you’re watching a movie, watch it while doing planks or lifting dumbbells. Attending a long phone call? start performing lunges.
Tell us which type of workout plan you will try?
If you liked this blog then comment below and share it with your friends.
Get up and start exercising!